Business Contract Drafting
We take the hassle out of contract drafting by providing you with customized solutions for your business needs. Whether you’re after a contract dealing with business partnership arrangements, shared profits, business management, independent contractors, employee contracts, sale of business, land and lease arrangements, promissory notes or others we will be able to help you find the right terms and conditions suitable to your circumstances.
Civil Actions involve legal proceedings between individuals, that is, between a person and another person or between a person and a legal entity such as a company or the State.Our civil practice covers:
- Personal Injury (Accident)
- Breach of Contract
- Recovery of Possession
- Recovery of Money
- Wrongful Dismissal
- Copyright/Trade Mark infringement
We provide quick and efficient services in:
- Company Registration
- Business Name Registration
- Trade Mark Registration
- Tax Exemption Status
We have over 30 years of experience successfully defending Jamaican and foreign nationals in criminal proceedings. We provide the very best legal representation in all Criminal Matters at the Resident Magistrate Court, Supreme Court and the Court of Appeal levels and includes providing legal representation for:
- Applications for Bail
- Question & Answer Interviews
- Identification Parade including Video ID Parade
- Preliminary Enquiry
Disputes sometimes arise in the work place, this may involve wrongful termination, lack of promotion, disciplinary hearings, salary issues, unfair allegations, suspensions, non-payment for overtime or holiday work to name a few. The law protects employees in these circumstances. If you have an issue at work and need advice as to what your rights are and what steps you can take to enforce your rights make an appointment to speak with one of our Lawyers.
We provide affordable Family Law services including:
- Petitions for Divorce of Marriage
- Petitions for Nullity of Marriage
- Petition for Presumption of Death [of Spouse] and Dissolution of Marriage
- Division of Matrimonial Property and Assets
- Applications for Custody and Guardianship
- Applications for Maintenance for Wife and Children
In matters concerning land our services include:
- Agreement for Sale
- Registration of Mortgage Instruments
- Discharge of Mortgages
- Transfer of Land including Part of Land Transfer and Love and Affection Transfers
- Residential and Commercial Lease Agreements
- Lease Agreements
- Partition of Land
- First Time Land Registrations
- Lost Title Applications
- Sub-Division of Land Applications
- Matters pertaining to Strata Corporations
- Applications to Note Death on Title
- Applications to Note Marriage
- Applications to Lodge a Caveat
Mediation is an alternative way of solving issues between individuals. It is usually cheaper and quicker and can help to shorten Court proceedings. You do not need to have a matter in Court in order to have Mediation. Mediation can be voluntary and is a process designed to help persons reach a resolution to any conflict. Lawyers help clients through the Mediation process by giving them legal advice on their rights and options and help them to ensure that a Mediation Agreement is enforceable in the event that any party decides to break away from the agreement.
We provide legal advice, assistance and representation to clients interested in using Mediation as a way of resolving conflicts in their community, with their neighbours, with business dealings, with family matters and wherever else conflict may arise. We also provide representation in Mediation Proceedings that come about as a result of a Court Order.
A Notary Public provides a number of useful services including:
- Authenticating a document as a true copy.
- Witness signing of official documents such as Deeds and Agreements
- Take depositions and affidavits
- Protest bills of exchange
A Trademark is a name or symbol used by individuals or businesses to distinguish their goods or services from the goods and services of other individuals or businesses. It is the brand or recognizable mark representing a standard that the individual or business holds out for itself of their quality and authenticity.
Having a registered Trademark prevents others from copying or imitating your goods or services. If a person or business attempts to copy or imitate your goods or services you will have the right to prosecute them in criminal proceedings and/or sue them for compensation. A registered trademark provides you with this protection for a period of ten years after which you can renew for a further ten years.
We provide not only trademark registration services but legal representation in the event that your trademark is infringed. To find out more, make an appointment and speak with our Trademark Agent.